Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Still trying to tackle scripts

It's been 3 weeks or so now, and I have went back and forth on how I want scripts implemented into the MUD Designer. I spent last night trying to build a UI that would let me piece together the scripts with the script engines class builder tools, but now I think I'm going to do something different. Jus let users write their code. Breaking the scripts down into smaller pieces will probably make it harder to manage than jus having the entire script available. I will allow scripts to be wrote classless. Meaning users will write the code needed, and the script engine will wrap the code in a namespace and class during runtime. The whole point of he designer is to simplify MUD development, and removing the need to encapsulate your code in a class and namespace helps simplify the scripting aspect of it. If users want more control and freedom then can write their game with c# instead of using the editor, as the engine will support several compile styles. This just happens to be the style I'm going to choose for the designer.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment